NEW BEGINNINGS


Hoi  my dear readers, who amazingly sticked with me after two years since my last post. And HEJ to my new readers as this is the second “edition” of my blog.

After those two years of intense uncertainties, I managed to travel and to have another long-term experience in Spain, however this part of my blog will be more focused on my current adventure.

I am currently positioned in the wonderful city of Gothenburg, Sweden for my master’s degree in Global health and honestly just to fulfill my dream. This series of publications will be different from before as I would like to help all the other brave travelers out there who would like to work, study or just move to Sweden with my personal and probably biased impressions, I have gathered weekly. Furthermore, these short stories will be written not in the renaissance wording as I used before, but rather in futuristic one as it will be more appropriate for the current atmosphere.

It all started long, long time ago, when Silviya (that’s me) wanted to embrace her adventurous personality and explore the world. One of the possibilities to do that long-term was to continue my higher education in a foreign country. I started doing research on all the possibilities that stood in front of me the last two years of high school, in other words since I was 16. In the time it became more of an addiction rather then just a possibility. I even reached the point where I knew the prices of bread in 5 countries (where I haven’t even stepped foot in ever) as I assumed it was an indicator for life standard.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I couldn’t fulfill my aim right after finishing high school. Nevertheless, after few years of very, very hard work I managed to be successfully admitted in University of Gothenburg in the Master program “Global health”. 




For the new beginnings, my adventure started with a great enthusiasm and a bit of bitterness in my mouth as I was in my hometown Sofia, just for a few weeks this year and I really wished I could have my teleportal set up so I have the freedom to be everywhere I needed to be just in time. Of course, living in the future is not an easy as I have committed to some new lifestyle principles. Therefore, I had to reach the desired destination with just one flight and it was a bit challenging. I had to reach the exotic lands of North Macedonia by bus and to take a plane from there. I actually enjoy Skopje every time I go there, I feel some sort of a special connection with the people over there and even if I have any hardship to find something, I stop some locals on the street ho instantly drag me back to the reality and it function as a calming technique.

The first few days I was feeling super stunned. I managed to meet with my lord (landlord) and few new faces, which I hope can join me on my adventure to … Of course, I didn’t have the opportunity to introduce you properly in which land I did teleport. Oh, in my short stories I will refer to it mostly as FUTURE, CYBERHEAVEN on planet Earth or the land of spectacular nature and astonishing people.






In my first days successfully completed all challenges from the “most Swedish things to do” game. Also, I will attach some photos my camcorder did.

*I went to the ocean (beach);

*I picked up blueberries

*I ate kanelbullar.

 



PS: I will give a useful tip in the end of every short story.

 




 






The tip of the day:

Travelling to South Eastern Europe

I came to the conclusion that starting from where you come from, traveling can be devided as levels and they are from lest challenging to extremely challenging. In this scenario the focus is not on whether you are backpacker or budget traveler or even luxurious wanderlust. There is a non-written rule for traveling around Europe and I realized that maybe it will be useful for someone to write it as it wasn’t in position of everyone’s knowledge.

Coming from the West (ex. Western Europe, USA, North Europe) in order to have the best travel experience it is recommendable to take the cultural shock in stages.

The best advise is to start with neighboring to your own countries, after the transition point is Central Europe and Baltic countries then I suggest the following order:

Greece - > Croatia - > Romania - > Bulgaria - > North Macedonia - > Bosnia and Herzegovina - > Albania - > Turkey.

This advice is 100% objective and it follows just my personal logical order visiting many of the countries in the region as I also am originally coming from one of them. Furthermore, it doesn’t have to be one after another or limited to just those which are listed. Nevertheless, this suggestion will make the cultural difference easier to comprehend and you could dive in the richness of the territory much more prepared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S NEW IN FUTURE

The prehistory of my fairy tale